Personal Data Protection Policy & Terms & Conditions
Your Privacy Is Important To Us
Heartland Mall-Kovan (the “mall” or “HMK”) is wholly owned and run by HM205 Pte. Ltd. (UEN/GST Reg. No.: 201629922G) (“HM205”). HM205 respects your privacy and will make reasonable efforts to protect your personal data.
HM205/HMK will safeguard information provided by our customers/web site users and observe its obligations in respect of collection, use, disclosure and retention of personal data under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (the “Act”) including ensuring the reasonable degree of accuracy and security in respect of the personal data.
Personal data refers to the data about you, whether true or not, (other than your business contact information) that specifically identifies you or data about you which combined with other information that HM205/HMK has or is likely to have access to can be used to identify you. This may include your name, NRIC number, address, gender, age, credit card number, email address, any feedback provided by you, information specific to the computer or electronic device that you use to access and/or use the website at http://www.heartlandmall.com.sg (the “Website”), HM205/HMK application may make available to you (the “Applications”), photographs and video images of you while you are on our premises.
Non personal data such as your business contact information includes your name, job title, business telephone number, business address, business email address or business fax number and any other similar information about you, not provided by you solely for your personal purposes. You will not be contacted in your personal capacity via your business contact information unless you have indicated that HM205/HMK may do so.
Aggregated or anonymised data that do not specifically identify you (e.g. number of visitors to the Website) are not personal data for the purposes of this Policy.
HM205/HMK may collect your personal data when you deal with or contact HM205:
- when you participate in the mall’s lucky draws & A&P redemption activities;
- when you access and/or use Heartland Mall’s Website;
- when you download, access and/or use the applications of the mall’s website;
- when you contact HM205/HML directly;
- when you interact with HM205/HMK through authorised 3rd parties (e.g. via brand partners); or
- when you are in the vicinity of our surveillance cameras.
Your personal data may be collected, used and/or disclosed by or on behalf of HM205/HMK for the following purposes:
- Monitoring use of the web site to help its further development;
- Compiling aggregrate statistics about our users to analyse site usage;
- Communicating with user in respect of matters related to or arising from the use of the services offered on this web site;
- Providing information related to the mall, the products, facilities, services and other privileges, benefits and other advantages from time to time offered by the email or service providers to user and rallying and arranging for the same to be provided;
- Evaluating and improving the facilities, services and/or products offered by the mall;
- Facilitating communications between user and the mall and encouraging feedback from user on their needs and expectations of facilities, services and/or products offered by the mall;
- For your participation in lucky draws and redemption activities;
- To allow your access and/or use of Heartland Website and/or its applications, transactions between HM205/HMK and you and activities organised by the mall which you participate in;
- Offer you a more personalised environment relating to your use of the Website and/its applications;
- Refine or improve the security, use, features and functions of the Website and/or its applications;
- Develop new features and functions of the Website and/or the Applications and to improve on the transactions between HM205/HMK and you;
- Receive emails and SMS text messages in connection with the mall’s promotions and/or events;
- Resolve disputes that may arise between you and HM205/HMK;
- For investigation or proceedings, if necessary;
- To obtain legal services, if necessary;
- For HM205/HMK’s evaluative purposes; and
- For other specific purposes in which your personal data was provided or any purposes exempted under the Act.
HM205/HMK will from time to time notify you of other purposes for the collection, use or disclosure of your personal data and you will be deemed to have consented to such collection, use or disclosure of your personal data if you continue to transact with HM205/HMK, participate in activities organised by HM205/HMK or access or use Heartland Website or its application.
HM205/HMK will not sell or rent your personal data to 3rd parties.
HM205/HMK may disclose your personal data to 3rd parties for any of the purposes stated in this policy. Such 3rd parties include sub-contractors or service providers appointed by HM205/HMK; partners, affiliates or related companies of HM205/HMK and government authorities/agencies, where required.
For further information about cookies, please visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Cookies may also be used to compile aggregate information about areas of our website that are visited most frequently. This traffic information can be used to enhance the content of our website and make your use of it easier. If you wish to reject our cookie, you can configure your browser to do so. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function if you remove cookies from your browser
f you block cookies, some of the features and functions of Heartland Website and/or its applications may not function properly and you may not be able to access and/or use. HM205/HMK shall not be responsible for any 3rd party cookies.
We have put in place the following security procedures, technical & organizational measures to safeguard your personal data:
a) Our web servers and other internal systems are protected by firewalls and monitored constantly for unauthorized intrusion attempt.
Information on on Personal Data Protection policies and practices are communicated to the relevant staff of HM205/HMK and the relevant staff is required to comply with the policies and practices.
We make every effort to protect the privacy of user but given the nature of the internet, it cannot guarantee perfect security. You may access 3rd party websites which are linked to the Website or its applications. HM205/HMK shall not be responsible for your personal data collected, used or disclosed by the third party websites and the data protection policies and practices of third parties, if any, are not found in and are not intended to be covered by this policy.
You have the right to request certain access to and correction of your personal data. We may charge a reasonable administrative fee for this service. In exceptional circumstances, we reserve the right to deny you access to your personal data and may provide an explanation as required by applicable laws. HM205/HMK reserves the right to reject frivolous requests or requests for trivial information. If you believe your personal data contains an error or omission, you can inform HM205/HMK immediately. HM205/HMK will make the correction unless it is satisfied that the correction should not be made on reasonable grounds.
To ensure the accuracy of your personal data, HM205/HMK may adopt verification practices or processes such as asking you questions relating to your identity, checking against existing data held by HM205/HMK or requesting that you furnish photo identification.
HM205/HMK has a Data Protection Officer to oversee HM205’s compliance with the Act and to facilitate your dealings with HM205/HMK in respect of your personal data. You may access or update your personal data with HM205 by sending a request to HM205/HMK’s Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or via facsimile: 6287 7151 or mail to: HM205 Pte. Ltd. at Blk 204 Hougang Street 21 #03-115 Singapore 53024. A fee may be imposed for processing your request under the Act. HM205/HMK will respond to such request within reasonable time.
Personal data will be held for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or as required or permitted by applicable laws. We shall cease to retain personal data, or remove the means by which the personal data can be associated with particular individuals, as soon as it is reasonable to assume that the purpose for which that personal data was collected is no longer being served by retention of the personal data and retention is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Your personal data will not be transferred to a third party outside of Singapore unless the third party is able or undertakes to provide a standard of protection to your personal data that is comparable to the protection under the Act.
You may send us your requests, complaints & queries on your personal data to HM205/HMK’s Data Protection Officer. We will respond within reasonable time.
If you wish to stop receiving information with marketing information from HM205, please send an email to HM205/HMK’s Data Protection Officer stating your name, address and email address.
For emails, you may click on the unsubscribe link in the latest email received from HM205/HMK. Please allow 30 working days for HM205/HMK to process and effect such withdrawal.
If you wish to withdraw your consent in relation to other purposes, please contact HM205/HMK’s Data Protection Officer. HM205/HMK will inform you of the possible consequences of your withdrawal of consent. If you have given your consent for multiple purposes, please note that your personal data may still be collected, disclosed and used for purposes for which no withdrawal of consent was made. Even if you withdraw consent from us, please note that HM205/HMK may still retain personal data necessary for legal or business reasons.
We keep our Personal Data Protection Policy under regular review. Any changes to our policy in the future will be posted in our website. Such changes to our policy shall apply from the time that we post the same on this website. Your continued use of our website will be taken as acceptance of the policy changes or variation, but we will seek your fresh consent before we collect more personal data from you or we wish to use or disclose your personal data for new purposes.